Is it just me or are there fewer girls going natural?Before I go on to tell you why you need the ‘BIG CHOP’,just take a moment and scroll down to the gallery. Inhale (she breathes in) hmmm and take a good look at these beauties see how amazing they look with their natural hair.Scroll back up and I will give you reasons why you should follow the trend and be a #team natural hair.
First things first your hair doesn’t have to be high up in the ceiling to be considered natural.Whether long or short the main thing is to stick to the definition of natural hair which is unrelaxed hair.Maintaining your natural hair in this ever changing African weather can be quite challenging especially for sisters with thick stubborn hair(I can relate) but so worth it.
Whatever you have been told about the down sides of growing natural hair no worries because these reasons will totally change your mind.Take if from someone who knows because this post is inspired by my personal experience and the incomparable joy I have gotten from growing my natural hair.
- More economical: Your wallet is no longer going to be on vacay cuz it is going to be stacked up as you will be spending less on styling,hairdressing,relaxing,weaves,wigs,perms,phew its a long list right?You get more money to spend on the other fun stuff you’ve been depriving yourself of.
- Less products:With every new weave came a different product”no use this its better,no not that this” and so on people trying to convince you.You get to choose what works for your hair and have fun doing it because your hair will decide for you and no one else.On the plus side you get to stick with that product because your hair texture will never change no heating,no relaxing nothing to make it wither.
- More versatile: my favorite cuz I cant stand the same hairstyle for long.You might be thinking this is only possible with relaxed hair nahhh you get to do so many cool hairstyles and even those that can be done with relaxed hair.You do not need weaves for your styles cuz you already have one right there on your head so you get to play with it as much as you want.Each inch gained comes with a totally new style.
- Water is your friend:No don’t duck when you see water or when there is rain your natural hair is going no where.It actually needs that water.It wants you to go under and enjoy the rain.With natural hair you don’t have to be worried about the weather it thrives with the more water it gets.
- Work work work out: Natural hair is gym friendly.A healthy body leads to healthy hair.When its time to hit the gym your natural hair will let you know and when you’re done working out you will see the changes in your hair.Its a win-win you get to have a great bod with great hair.
- Less time:No more spending hours in the saloon you become your own hair stylist.You no longer need to book a whole day just for your hair to be relaxed,curled etc.
- The best of all is you get monopoly over your hair.Your only partner in hair crime is your hair and together you make decisions that best work for the both of you.
It is not all candy and chocolate when you go natural.For beginners it can be quite frustrating because you do not know your hair well.Just like when you go into a relationship for the first time,take a step back get to know your hair,find out all its amazing qualities,things that make it sad and those that make it smile.This will probably be the most honest relationship because IT will never lie to you IT will let you know when your doing something wrong or right and will give you the chance to change.When you are well acquainted you will just know it and you will take the decision to say I DO and hopefully it will be a happy ever after.
So make the choice today to go short natural or long natural.Are you already natural?Post a pic of you in the comment section and let us know your journey. Coming up will be tips on how to maintain your natural hair
GO TEAM NATURAL WHOOP WHOOP!!!!!!!!!!
SOME CAMEROONIAN BEAUTIES ROCKING NATURAL HAIR