We all love to eat and it is pretty debatable whether we all love to cook.I have my moments,I cant be in the kitchen at 6:30 when I have a date at 7.Makeup alone takes up to 30 minutes and who knows where the night might lead?I can’t do the cooking thingy after my date.Well,I gat us covered.Its the diary room and we are sharing secrets so let me whisper a few of my kitchen hacks to you.We are going to that date come rain or shine.Let’s get to it then.
I wanna keep you coming for more so am gonna spill a few now and a few later.Remember!!!! My date!!!!
- Instead of using your finger[who knows where they have been]use egg shells to scoop out broken egg shells.Or you can go ahead and use those fingers but wash them first and make sure they remain wet.
- fresh eggs sink while bad eggs float.Use this hack to determine how fresh your eggs are[we are still talking about eggs for eating right?]
- crack eggs on a flat surface to avoid spilling it all over and getting shells into the bowl
- to have a neat and well boiled egg,boil for at least 8-10 minutes
- scoop egg yolk using a plastic container
- peel hard boiled egg by putting it in a glass with a little bit of water and shaking vigorously for a few seconds or add a teaspoon of baking soda/bicarbonate powder to boiling eggs.Vinegar works too but smells.
- add a pinch of salt to eggs when boiling to prevent them from cracking.
- place lemon slices on sliced avocado[pear] to keep them from going brown
- place an apple between potatoes to keep them from sprouting[to avoid germination]
- roll citrus fruits on kitchen counter before juicing them to extract maximum juice
- if you are not planning on using all your lemon at a go, do not cut in half as it will dry out fast.Make a hole at the center and squeeze out the amount you need.
- bananas will spoil less quickly in a bunch.
- use an apple to absorb excess salt in cooked food.
- to ripen fruits fast,place fruits in a paper bag and add an apple or banana to the mix.
- freeze all liquids in small usable portions to avoid thawing and refreezing
- always freeze flat to create more storage space
- freeze tough meat for 10 minutes to cut easily
- give your veggies a longer lifespan by wrapping them in damp towel before placing in Ziploc bag.Do not seal all the way as the towel keeps them fresh and excess moisture is expelled.Dark spots on towel will indicate that veggies will soon go bad.
- store butter for long by freezing in an airtight container.This will also retain its flavour
- place dairy products in containers and store them upside down in a refrigerator to inhibit growth of bacteria that causes spoilage
- place extra cooked pasta[spaghetti]in plastic bag and refrigerate.This will prevent it from hardening.Boil for a few seconds when ready to consume.
- keep sugar in freezer to keep it from hardening
- extract excess fats from food by refrigerating for 30 minutes or drop a few ice cubes to attract the fats and scoop the cubes out when done.
- defrost meat by pouring vinegar over it
…to be continued.
DID THESE HACKS HELP YOU?TELL US IN THE COMMENT SECTION AND SHARE TO OTHERS.LET ME KNOW IF THERE ARE OTHER CHALLENGES YOU FACE IN THE KITCHEN AND I WILL HACK THEM FOR YOU.IN THE MEANTIME KEEP LIKING AND SHARING AND STAY TUNED FOR PART TWO OF KITCHEN HACKS.