Meet Cameroon’s very own model and highlighter slay queen.Her highlighter game is always lit.Follow her @steph_fosi for more makeup and fashion trends.
If you look closely at most of your pictures especially those taken under good lighting you will discover that there are some parts of your face that seem to glow than the rest.See how beautiful you look with that glow.Now imagine how prettier you can be with a little enhancement,that is the magic in highlighters.Just as the name implies it makes parts of your face that enhance your beauty more visible and give you that natural glow.As a makeup enthusiast I always love to live on the edge,trying out new ways to apply makeup and new products.
The one makeup product I found that has a double duty is the highlighter.If you are going for that shimmery/glittery look then the best makeup choice will be to use a highlighter. If you really want your face to stand out,it has been recommended to never go a day without your highlighter even when you don’t feel like making up.According to stylecaster these are the 7 best highlighters you can find.
You can get them at your nearest NIKI HEAT makeup store,follow the RED makeup tour presently in Douala or buy online from Cameroon’s #1 online store JUMIA and get advice on the highlighter shade that best suits your skin undertone.
I believe you have purchased your highlighter.If so then lets get to work.Those with long nails will probably need a highlighter brush to proceed while those with short nails have an advantage as it is easier for them to apply on some specific areas with the index finger.
- Always apply your highlighter after your full face makeup.It should be the last product you apply just before your setting spray.
- Apply your highlighter under your brow bone.This will give the illusion of larger eyes[big eyes rock].
- Apply on the cheekbones.Target the area at the center of the apples of your cheek just over your blush.
- Apply in the inner corner of your eyes.If you want to get that URIEL look then this is a must as it will make you look awake.
- Apply on the bridge of your nose to make your nose appear slimmer.To give an even slimmer effect apply some contouring powder on the sides.
- Apply diagonally along your cheekbone.Begin from the center of your eye socket towards your hairline.
- Apply on your chin and cupid’s bow with a concealer brush to make your lips look fuller.
- Apply at the center of your eyelids to make them look bigger and more awake.
- Apply on your fore head to make it brighter and bigger.This is conditional for those who appear to have a larger forehead[Rihanna yo! Where my Rihannas at?]
- Lastly,if you want your face to have that general glow,then mix your liquid highlighter with your moisturizer and apply all over your face.
- Finish up your look by applying a generous amount of setting spray for a vibrant look throughout the day.
Below is an application chart and the different highlighter brushes.I will do a write-up on how to use the brushes in my next post.This is a video on how to apply highlighters.Quality makeup products can be quite expensive. Learn how to make your own highlighter at home.
It’s your turn. Send us before and after pictures of your highlighter application.